50 Relationship Compatibility Questions
Amelie Lee (Love Panky.com)
A relationship is all about compatibility and while opposites do attract, too many opposites and no similarities can lead to relationship failure. Big differences in your approach to life or your ethics about relationships are not good for a long-lasting romance.
The following questions will help both of you test your compatibility and understand one another better.
Sit down with your partner on a day when you have nothing else going on, ask each other these questions and have an open mind. Both of you answer so you get a better understanding of each other’s views.
Don’t let any questions annoy you and don’t keep quiet or get defensive. Your answers should be truthful and help each of you understand the other. By the time you are done answering each of these questions you will not only understand one another, but the other partner’s approach to life as well.
- What is the ideal number of calls a couple should exchange in one day?
- Would you compromise your happiness for the success of the relationship?
- What’s your idea of a romantic vacation?
- What’s the single most important thing for a relationship to be successful?
- What would you define as cheating?
- If I cheated on you, would you ever forgive me?
- Would you ever say sorry to me, even if it’s not your fault?
- Are you friends with any of your exes?
- How should finances be planned between a couple?
- Do you think celebrating Valentine’s Day is corny?
- What was your first impression about me?
- Can you avoid flirting if someone attractive flirts with you when I’m not around?
- Do you think romantic gifts have to be memorable or do they have to be useful?
- How would you want to spend a special day with each other?
- What is the most special memory of us that you hold?
- If I told you to jump off a tall cliff and tell you that you’ll land safely because there’s a net you can’t see yet, would you blindly trust me and jump?
- Do you have to know all of my friends?
- Do you think past relationship secrets should always be kept hidden?
- Do you think confessions make a relationship stronger?
- Is it fine for a partner to use the toilet with the door open?
- After a break up, would you ask for your gifts back/ would you give back all the gifts?
- Which love song best describes our relationship?
- Describe your perfect man/woman that you would like to date?
- In a relationship, what would make you feel happier, sharing or sacrificing?
- Would you lie to make me happy and where would you draw the line?
- What are some annoying habits of other couples that irritate you the most?
- Who would you prefer as a partner, a good looking person or an extremely clever person?
- How do you vent out your frustrations in a relationship?
- When was the last time I came in your dreams?
- If we went to a store to buy a couch and both of us liked different couches, would you still go with my pick?
- Is sex about constantly pushing the boundaries or playing by the rules?
- How often would you want to go out on a date with me in a month?
- What is your biggest sexual turn off?
- What do you find sexiest about a person of the opposite sex?
- What’s your wildest sexual fantasy that you’d want to try with me?
- Would you feel insecure if I spent a lot of time at work?
- How many sexual partners have you had in the past?
- If you were convinced that I was making a bad decision, what would you do about it?
- Do you like babies/ how many kids would you like to have some day?
- When was the last time you disliked me?
- If someone attractive exchanges glances with you at work, would you tell me about it?
- What’s the craziest thing you’d be willing to do for me?
- What kind of parent do you think you’d be?
- When do you think a person is ready for marriage?
- What’s the one thing about me you’d love to change?
- In an argument, whose side would you take, me or your mother?
- Would you relocate for love?
- Would you be open to disclosing all your health issues to me all the time?
- If you’re having a bad day, would you want me to leave you alone or spend time with you and cheer you up?
- What’s more important, sexual chemistry or spending time together?