What Are The Benefits of Clean Eating?
Are there benefits to clean eating? With most of our foods these days being mass produced in factories, there is an increase in toxins, pesticides, and other chemicals being added to our foods. Obesity, mental health issues, and other health-related issues are on the rise.
Let’s take a look at the big benefits of clean eating:
- Improved Mental Health– A clean diet nurtures the brain. Whole foods give the body nutrients like vitamins that boost brain function and antioxidants that support memory retention. Some of the vitamins like B6, help create dopamine, a chemical involved in feeling good. Omega 3 fatty acids also support good mental health. Deficiencies in these can cause moodiness and depression.
- Improved Mood: Vitamin B6 that is found in foods like sunflower seeds, bananas, and lean poultry, support the production of dopamine.
- Lower Inflammation: Inflammation is the root of most disease and pain. Natural herbs and whole foods have healing properties that help minimize and manage inflammation, which in turn, prevents pain and disease.
- Improved Sleep Quality: Your food quality and sleep quality are connected in many ways. High fat diets negatively affect brain chemicals called orexin, which supports the sleep-wake cycle as well as appetite management.
- Higher Energy Levels: Refined sugars and bad carbs make the body feel sluggish. Eating a clean diet provides the body with stable energy sources while maintaining your blood sugar.
- Improved Cardiovascular Health: Eating a clean diet helps to lower your risk of cardiovascular disease. Clean food sources come packed with vitamin C, which helps maintain and strengthen your blood vessels. Fruit and vegetable rich diets also help lower your risk of coronary heart diesase and protects against high blood pressure and strokes.
- Cancer Prevention: Eating a clean diet can also help prevent cancer growth. Processed foods, saturated fats, processed meats, and fried foods puts you at an increased risk of cancer. Clean eating boosts your intake of phytonutrients and antioxidants, which fight cancer growth.
- Weight Loss: When you eat clean, your body thrives and remains slim almost effortlessly. Sticking with a healthy diet helps your body heal and lose weight.