Yoga Asanas for Beginners
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you. Place your arms in a resting position at your sides.
- Bend your knees and bring them toward your left hip, such that the weight of your body is now resting on your right buttock. The inner side of your left ankle should now be able to rest on the arch of your right foot.
- Inhale slowly and stretch your spine to lengthen it as much as possible. Then, exhale slowly and twist your upper trunk to the maximum extent possible. You may keep your right hand on the floor and your left hand will rest on the outer part of the thigh of your right leg.
- Ensure that the hip on your left side presses down the weight of the body on the floor.
- Now, with a slight bend in the upper part of your back, twist around your backbone and feel its effects from your lower back to the tip of your head.
- Try to apply a lengthening force to your spine with each breath, and twist your body further with each exhalation.
- Turning your head, look out over the shoulder on your right. Remain in this pose for a minute.
- Exhale slowly and gently untwist your trunk to revert to its original position. Now, you need to repeat the same procedure with your right side, placing your weight on the left buttock.
Benefit To Body Part :
- Bharadvajasana I provides a deep and complete stretch to the body along the backbone, trunk, shoulders, and hips.
- It is well-suited for pregnant women, being an exercise without any pressure exerted on the belly.
- The pose soothes and regenerates underlying organs in the abdomen and body. It results in enhanced metabolic activity, digestive function, and better elimination of waste matter from the body.
- Bharadvaja’s Twist soothes the mind and restores a sense of balance and calm to the person performing the asana.
Therapeutic Applications :
- The exercise brings relief to lower back aches, pain in the neck, and sciatica.
- By wringing out the stress and tension from the tissues, it calms the mind and stabilizes the nervous system.
- This yoga exercise acts as a good detox for the body and gives all the internal organs a deep massage.
Tag :#Bharadvaja's Twist, #Bharadvaja's Twist Benefits, #Bharadvaja's Twist Pose, #Bharadvaja's Twist Yoga, #Bharadvaja's Twist Yoga Postures, #Quick Morning Yoga For Beginners, #Quick Yoga Workout For Beginners, #Yoga For Beginners And Beyond, #Yoga For Beginners And Seniors, #Yoga For Beginners At Home, #Yoga For Beginners Back Stretches, #Yoga For Beginners Baton Rouge, #Yoga For Beginners Day 1, #Yoga For Beginners For Relaxation, #Yoga For Beginners Free, #Yoga For Beginners New Orleans, #Yoga For Beginners Over 40, #Yoga For Beginners Plan, #Yoga For Beginners Poses, #Yoga For Beginners Queens Ny, #Yoga For Beginners To Increase Flexibility, #Yoga For Beginners What To Expect, #Yoga For Beginners With Pictures, #Yoga For Beginners Yoga Journal, #Yoga For Beginners Yoga Vidya