Chicken Chow Mein
Chicken Chow Mein Authentic Recipe
Ready In: 25 min
Chinese Chicken Chow Mein Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups chinese noodles
- 1 cup boneless chicken breasts, sliced thinly (freezing for about 20 minutes make this task easier)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup ham, finely sliced
- 1 1⁄2-2tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Chinese Chicken Chow Mein Preparation
- You’ll want to get your prep work done first, because this will cook up very quickly.
- *Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Rinse under cold water, and set aside.
- After you slice the chicken, place it in a bowl with 2 tsp of soy sauce, the rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Heat half the olive oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- When the oil is nice and hot, add the chicken mixture.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes, then transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Wipe the pan out and heat the remaining olive oil.
- Stir in the garlic, snow peas, and ham.
- Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the drained noodles to the pan, and continue to stir fry till the noodles are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining soy, the oyster sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You may find you don’t need salt.
- Add the chicken and any juices back to the pan, then add the green onions.
- Give a final stir and serve immediately.