Twin Flame Dynamics
Difference Between Karmic Relationships and Twin Flames
Karmic Relationships, Soul Mates and Twin Flames
We are in the time of the twin flame reunion, and because of it, we often have questions about how to know whether you are in a karmic relationship, soul mate relationship, or a true twin flame relationship.
I am going to separate the 3 for you and dispel any confusion you may be encountering.
Almost everyone goes through one or more karmic relationships in their lifetime. Karmic relationships are what we call ‘life giving’ relationships. They are not meant to last. They are relationships that wake us up to the repeated patterns we carry. These karmic relationships are usually the biggest life lessons in love.
Here are some of the signs of a karmic relationship:
- They repeat patterns: A major sign that you’re in a karmic relationship is that it’s on and off again. If you tend to be experiencing the same kind of relationship problems from one to the next, that’s a big red flag. Ex: All of your partners have been controlling, or abusive, or unfaithful, etc. These relationships repeat the same patterns and remain stagnant, because the only way you can grow from them is by letting go.
- They are selfish: Karmic relationships don’t respect healthy boundaries in their partners. They serve only their own needs and interests. They are the perfect template for forming abusive or co-dependent relationship complexes. While one person is very invested in the relationship, the other views it more as a convenience.
- They are addictive: These relationships are characterized by their highs and lows of passionate intensity. One or both of the partners are more in love with the idea of love, based on superficial reasons such as good looks, popularity, social, professional, or economic status.
- They’re controlling: Karmic relationships are all about ownership and obsessive control of their partner. The other person becomes the center of your universe, and the main source of happiness. You put them on a pedestal and are unable to see their flaws.
- They feel destined: You believe that you can’t live without them, and feel like somehow you’re both meant to be together. You can’t understand why the relationship keeps failing, and you keep trying and hoping to get it right. These relationships are extremely hard to resist, and they keep pulling you in, until you learn the lessons you needed from it.
- There is an instant connection: These karmic relationships are marked by an immediate attraction. This person feels perfect for you. It feels like you’ve known them before, and you become instantly attached to them. While this same ‘connection’ does happen within a twin flame relationship, the twin flame connection happens because two souls recognize one another energetically, not mentally or emotionally.
- They create dependency: You begin to feel consumed by the relationship, it begins to occupy your thoughts at all times. You hand them your power, and become mentally, physically, and emotionally dependent on this person.
- They bring out your worst fears: A karmic relationship begins to bring all those things you are deathly afraid of. Fear of abandonment, fear of commitment, fear of rejection, fear of loss, fear of emotional engulfment, and all those skeletons hiding in your closet.
- They are irrational: Karmic relationships hold a mirror to your worst vulnerabilities and ugly insecurities. You start acting unlike yourself, and do things you wouldn’t normally do.
- They reveal your dark side: We all have a dark side but most of us are more balanced between light and dark. A karmic relationship shows you your most undesirable and difficult characteristics that you were not previously aware of.
- They’re tumultuous: These relationships are incredibly volatile, unpredictable, and erratic. The best thing you can do for yourself is to identify that you are in a karmic relationship and let it go for your own good.
- They push your buttons: The main purpose of a karmic relationship is for you to learn to fully love yourself and others unconditionally, so that you stop trying to control your circumstances, become the master of your own ego, and focus on working on and improving yourself.
- They don’t last: This person that you’re in a karmic relationship with is not your ‘forever person’, no matter how much you want to hope, wish, and believe in a fairytale ending. Contrary to what we see in movies and media, these relationships are born out of conflict and end in conflict. They’re extremely unhealthy relationships, and they don’t last.
Karmic relationships don’t necessarily have to be romantic or intimate relationships. They are relationships with other human beings, either the opposite sex or the same sex, that are brought to us for soul growth.
Other human beings are not meant to take it easy on us. They are meant to change our way of life. Karmic relationships are not about love or compatibility. They are meant to come into our lives, wake us up to our patterns, change us, and then leave.
Once we learn to conquer the lessons within a karmic relationship, then the next stage is usually a Soulmate Relationship
A soulmate isn’t always a romantic partner either, but these relationships do touch us on a very different level. And soul mates don’t always take it easy on us either.
In each of these connections, whether it’s a karmic relationship, a soulmate relationship, or a twin flame relationship, challenges will be present. None of these relationships are about appeasing us or making our egos comfortable.
Soulmates will trigger those internal lessons involving self-worth, fear, societal pressures, and our worthiness of love.
As energetic beings we attract others who are at the same vibrational frequency that we are operating at.
Soulmates are those we feel an undeniable connection to (in a healthy way), as if we’ve known one another before simply upon meeting. It’s like having déjà vu.
The biggest indicator of a soul mate relationship or love is that they make us feel like it’s us that needs working on- not them or even issues within the relationship.
Sometimes we have feelings of not deserving the other person.
Certain soulmates enter our lives and their only purpose is to help us realize our greatness and to help us in taking those big questions involving the self, and starting to discover the answers to further our evolution and process of self-awareness.
Soulmates are also the ones who care about us the most, vs a karmic relationship or lover who’s only concern is of their own needs and self.
But a soulmate relationship does not compare to the experience of being reconnected with our twin flame.
Twin Flame Relationship
When you meet your twin flame, either in physical person, or otherwise, there is an instant soul recognition and peace. It’s a feeling of coming ‘home’. It’s an energetic resonance where you are immediately stripped bare of all masks and you are seen for who you truly are at a core level.
Twin flames are a mix of both karmic and soulmate tendencies, along with some entirely new qualities that will only further challenge our ego and sense of self.
Twin flames are not just those whom we connect with on a soul level. They are someone we share a soul with. The exact same soul blueprint and energetic frequency. No one else carries this exact match except a twin flame.
Twin flames were separated from one soul source in the beginning of time and split into 2 physical bodies.
There is a mirror like quality when we come into contact with our twin flame. Everything that we have spent so much of our lives running from or denying, is suddenly presented in front of us to deal with.
These types of lovers confront us with our very fears and ego driven desires, but they aren’t about what’s inside only, they’re about HOW we interact with every facet of our life.
If we are reunited with our twin, it has the possibility to be that once in a lifetime- aint nothing going to be the same- type of love.
There will be challenges and fears present, without a doubt- there will be phases of running and chasing, depending on the spiritual and personal development of both parties.
The purpose of a twin flame is to help mold you into the type of person who is capable of embodying divine, unconditional love…. First for yourself, and then for humanity.
Your twin flame is your reflection- their strengths are your weaknesses.
Twin flames appear so they can rip back the veils on all the facades you’ve built up, the lies you’ve bought into, the ways in which you’ve kept yourself small, the hidden addictions, the secrets and lies, the deepest fears, the ways in which you’ve compromised, and it tears down the defenses that you’ve put up in an attempt to keep yourself “safe”.
Twin flame relationships are a path of enlightenment and have a twin purpose. Enlightenment is a destructive process that has nothing to do with becoming better or happier. Enlightenment is crumbling away the untruth and seeing through the façade of pretense. It’s the complete eradication of every illusion that we believed to be true.
When we meet our twin flame, if we aren’t aware that this path is one that will break us down in order to rebuild us back up as we are truly meant to be, we will run from the intensity of it.
As Rumi said, “Your task is not to seek for love, but to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
Your job as a twin flame is not to focus on your partner but to focus on healing yourself.
What barriers do YOU have? What ways have YOU limited yourself? When you feel that your twin flame has abandoned you, or Is not choosing you, look within yourself to see the ways in which you have abandoned yourself and not chosen yourself.
This type of love, I can tell you from first hand experience within my own twin flame relationship, is the type of love that shatters your entire worldview and makes you question everything you previously thought to be true. This is not an easy path because it requires you to level up in every way. Everything will be challenged and called into question. You must expand yourself to hold such a great divine love.
The twin flame journey is not about great sex, emotional highs and lows, or an epic love story- it’s about waking you up, shaking you up, and calling you higher. It’s a gift presented to you by the Divine- one that you can only grasp fully once you’ve released the smaller things you’ve been clinging to for so long that no longer serve you.
As you walk this journey, you will learn to love yourself with a fierceness that will increase your capacity to love others, and all of humanity in a much more expansive way.
As you surrender your desire to control, to create specific outcomes and to have things look a certain way, and learn to walk with complete faith and total abandon, you will grow as a person, which will help to elevate the collective consciousness.
If you’re on this journey, don’t worry about your twin partner. Just be the wild, divine, unconditional lover that you are called forth to be, and continue to become the best possible version of yourself that you can be. That is the true purpose, regardless of how your connection turns out. Becoming who you are meant to be is a gift without measure.