Happy Baby Pose- Beginners Asanas
Lie on your back. With an exhale, bend your knees into your belly.
Inhale, grip the outsides of your feet with your hands (if you have difficulty holding the feet directly with your hands, hold onto a belt looped over each sole.) Open your knees slightly wider than your torso, then bring them up toward your armpits.
Position each ankle directly over the knee, so your shins are perpendicular to the floor. Flex through the heels. Gently push your feet up into your hands (or the belts) as you pull your hands down to create a resistance.
Happy Baby Pose Benefits
- Releases lower back and sacrum.
- Opens hips, inner thighs, and groin.
- Stretches the hamstrings.
- Relieves lower back pain.
- Stretches and soothes the spine.
- Calms the brain.
- Helps relieve stress and fatigue
- Gently stretches the inner groins and the back spine