Asanas for Beginners
High Lunge Pose
High Lunge Pose– Beginners Yoga Asanas
From Standing Forward Bend, bend your knees and, with an inhale, step your left foot back toward the back edge of your mat, with the ball of the foot on the floor. Step back far enough so that your right knee can form a right angle.
Lay your torso on your front thigh and lengthen it forward. To soften your right groin, imagine that the thigh is sinking toward the floor under your torso’s weight. Look forward. Simultaneously, firm the left thigh and push it up toward the ceiling, holding the left knee straight. Stretch your left heel toward the floor.
Exhale and step your right foot back beside the left. Repeat the above instructions, but reverse left and right. Or come into Downward-Facing Dog, inhale, and step the right foot forward between your hands.
High Lunge Pose Benefits
- Stretches the groins and hips
- Strengthens the legs and arms
- Stretches and tones your legs, especially thighs
- Strengthens your knees, ankles and waist
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Increases stamina and lung capacity
- Lengthens the spine and stretches the chest
High Lunge Pose Theraputic Applications