Guest Article by Manmohan Singh- Yoga Teacher
Summary: Start the day with a big smile and maintain it throughout, with morning yoga practice you feel positive and energetic whole day. Read to know how?
“Yoga is the golden key that unlocks the door to peace, tranquillity, and joy.”- B.K.S. Iyengar
What it feels like to wake up all fresh and relaxed?
Morning body state or mood decides your whole day. Sore muscles or restless sleep can hamper the entire day. But it not easy to rise with the sun, change the sleeping pattern or other habits amidst this hassled up busy lifestyle.
There is certainly a thing that one can follow religiously, a practice that keeps us calm, peaceful, and dynamic. Yoga is the mantra to kick-start your day and feel positive throughout. Here are the morning yoga rituals to be followed for a great day.
During Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India, learn the advance versions of morning yoga ritual.
Start the Day with a Stretch and Smile
Practicing yoga doesn’t mean you need to become a human pretzel, the base of the practice is the light stretches that warm-up your body, relieves muscle soreness, eases body ache, and supports your balance and posture. The exercises remove restlessness from the body and set the base that maintains your posture.
- Start with the neck exercise, where you need to rotate the neck in circulation or bend it forward and backward. This eases the neck muscles, makes them strong and releases tension from the area.
- Open the shoulders by bringing them up when you inhale and exhale while bringing them down.
- Next is the triceps, where you need to raise your left hand and bend the elbow so that your hand lies behind the back, hold, and then repeat the same steps with the right hand.
- For your hands, you need to interlock your fingers and extend them in front of you. Palms should be facing out, and then bring them down. Repeat for 2-3 minutes.
- Bad sleeping positing can take a toll on the spine health, so bring the hands in front of you and walk them forward, doing so stretch your spine.
- Performing Cat/Cow Transition pose turns out to be amazing for both the hips and spine.
- Stand on the left leg and raise right, rotate the right ankle clockwise and then anti-clockwise five times each. Now repeat the same step with the left leg.
Add Generous Scoop of Asanas of your Flavour
Whether a beginner or a trained yogi, nothing is better than practicing Surya Namaskar first thing in the morning before you practice any other pose. Comprises of twelve postures and two rounds, the session rejuvenates the body, mind, and soul, and fills you with great energy. The next you can perform a series of asanas of your choice, which are best for the morning yoga rituals like:
- Padmasana (Easy Pose)
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward facing dog pose)
- Virabhadrasana series (Warrior Pose series)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Pose)
- Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Seated Half Twist Pose)
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
- Balasana (Child’s Pose)
Improved Breathing throughout the Day
The day needs you to be conscious about your breathing and state of spirit, to bring the awareness practice pranayama after the energizing asana session. Breathe slowly, let your emotions guide you to get to know your body, and you’ll notice that few breaths of a greater volume make you relaxed and your lungs feel happy.
Practicing breathing techniques teaches you to be present in the moment, makes you hear your breath, listen to your body, and lets you see how you feel in that very moment. Pranayama lets you be more self-conscious, improve focus, enhance coordination, and helps to manage the emotions.
Pranayama regulates the prana- life force energy, and the great technique to start with is Naadi Shodhana Pranayama and Kapaalbhati Pranayama. The practice makes the mind calm and peaceful, wave off stress and anxiety, and brings in the positivity.
Top it with the Icing on the Cake called Meditation
Yoga practice is incomplete without the meditation session. Give 10-20 minutes to meditation to vanish the restlessness of the mind and body. Meditation makes you mindful, as it relaxes you and connects you with the spiritual being. The practice keeps you in the present moment and gears you up for the day. It opens the heart letting in the good vibes, and the positive energy improves your relations and personal life.
These lessons work both on and off the mat bestowing enormous benefits.
The practice of yoga can be done at any time of the day, but morning rituals of yoga are a great way to wake up the body and enhance the functioning by getting the energy flowing. Start your program and commence the new life of wellness.
Author Bio :
Manmohan Singh is a passionate Yogi, Yoga Teacher and a Traveller in India. Manmohan Singh conducts Yoga Teacher Training in India in different cities and program Yoga Retreat in Thailand. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, health, nature, Himalayas and Trekking in India.