Won Ton Soup
Authentic Won Ton Soup Recipe
Ready In: 30 min
Won Ton Soup Ingredients
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄4lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4cup finely chopped celery
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1dash pepper
- 12 -18 won ton skins
- 6cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2cup spinach or 1⁄2 cup bok choy, leaves halved lengthwise,shredded
- 1⁄4cup shredded carrot
Won Ton Soup Preparation
- Reserve one green onion top for garnish; chop remaining green onions.
- Combine chopped onion, ground beef, celery, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix lightly.
- Place approximately 1 1/2 tablespoonsful of ground beef mixture in center of each wonton square.
- Lightly dampen edges of square with water.
- Bring together corners; pinch to seal.
- Set aside.
- Bring broth to boil in large saucepan; reduce heat to medium.
- Add 1/2 of wontons; simmer 4 minutes.
- Remove cooked wontons with slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining wontons.
- Cut reserved green onion top into thin diagonal slices.
- Add to hot broth with spinach and carrot.
- Place wonton in soup bowls.
- Top with broth mixture.