Unlocking the Power of the Third Eye Chakra: Awakening Your Inner Vision
At the center of your forehead lies the third eye chakra, an energy center that is said to be responsible for your intuition, inner vision, and spiritual awareness. The third eye chakra is associated with the pineal gland, a tiny gland that produces the hormone melatonin and regulates your sleep-wake cycle.
Many people believe that by unlocking the power of the third eye chakra, you can tap into your inner vision and gain insight into your true self, as well as the world around you. In this article, we’ll explore the third eye chakra in more detail and share some tips for awakening its power.
Understanding the Third Eye Chakra
The third eye chakra, also known as Ajna in Sanskrit, is located in the center of the forehead, just above the eyebrows. This chakra is associated with the color indigo and is connected to the element of light.
The third eye chakra is believed to be responsible for intuition, imagination, and spiritual awareness. When this chakra is balanced, you may experience a sense of clarity, insight, and wisdom. However, when it’s blocked or imbalanced, you may experience confusion, anxiety, and a lack of direction.
Symptoms of Excessive Energy in the Third Eye Chakra (No Harmony)
|Manipulative||Religiously dogmatic||Overpowering others|
|Living in a fantasy world||Too logical and authoritarian|
Symptoms of Deficient Energy- Spins Slow (No Harmony)
|Afraid of success||Inability to focus|
|Non assertive, undisciplined||Over sensitive to feelings of others|
|Schizophrenic (Unable to distinguish between Ego Sef and Higher Self)|
Malfunctions of the Third Eye
|Headaches||Lack of focus||Poor vision|
|Skull pressure||Bad dreams||Sinus problems|
|Blurry vision||Near sightedness or Far sightedness||Astigmatism|
|Distorted perception||Stuck “in the head”||Sleep disorders, including insomnia|
|Racing thoughts||Too hung up on logic (complete left brain thinking)||Fear of own intuition|
|Lack of trust in own intuition||Planning all the time, but never doing||Hallucinations|
|Acting without thinking||Forgetfulness||Unable to recall dreams|
|Trouble with visualization and/or imagination||Illogical||Unable to think in abstract|
|Spiritually unconscious||Extreme skepticism||Unwise|
|Fear of life and/or death||Lack of insight||Fear of being wrong|
|Fear of success and/or failure||Fear of truth||Fear of consequences of actions|
|Trouble keeping track of time||Fear of God/ Creator/ Source||Too much attachment to the physical; extreme materialism|
|No sense of Higher Self or Higher Power||Lack of faith- stuck in the “seeing is believing” thought process||Codependency|
|Difficulty manifesting desires||“Head in the sand”||Pessimistic|
|Unable to look for the good in any situation or experience||Creation of limited reality, based on perceived circumstances (“the economy is bad right now so I have no money”)||Constant/ chronic worry- always imagining worst outcome, putting up barriers or excuses to proceed forwards with plans|
Awakening the Third Eye Chakra
There are many ways to awaken the power of the third eye chakra, including:
- Meditation: Meditation is one of the most effective ways to awaken the third eye chakra. Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed, sit comfortably, and focus your attention on your breath. As you breathe, visualize a ball of indigo light at the center of your forehead, and imagine it growing brighter and more vibrant with each inhale.
- Yoga: Certain yoga postures, such as child’s pose, downward-facing dog, and headstand, can help stimulate the third eye chakra. Try incorporating these postures into your yoga practice to help balance your energy.
- Essential Oils: Certain essential oils, such as frankincense, sandalwood, and patchouli, are believed to have a positive effect on the third eye chakra. Try diffusing these oils in your home, or apply them topically to your forehead to help stimulate your intuition.
- Crystals: Certain crystals, such as amethyst, lapis lazuli, and clear quartz, are believed to have a positive effect on the third eye chakra. Try carrying these crystals with you, wearing them as jewelry, or placing them on your forehead during meditation.
- Visualization: Visualization exercises can help you connect with your inner vision and intuition. Try closing your eyes and visualizing yourself in a peaceful, serene setting, and allow your intuition to guide you on a journey of self-discovery.
Incorporating these practices into your daily routine can help you unlock the power of the third eye chakra and tap into your inner vision and intuition.
The third eye chakra is a powerful energy center that is associated with intuition, inner vision, and spiritual awareness. By unlocking the power of this chakra, you can tap into your true self and gain insight into the world around you.
If you’re interested in exploring the power of the third eye chakra further, try incorporating some of the practices we’ve shared in this article into your daily routine. With time and practice, you may be able to unlock the full potential of this powerful energy center.